Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Coalesce/ The Get Up Kids - Split EP


Track Listing:
1. Burned Bridges (The Get Up Kids)
2. I'm Giving Up On This One (Coalesce)
DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?mcjmyajy4uu

I came across this gem while searching for "On A Wire" by The Get Up Kids and immediately downloaded it. Soon after I immediately fell in love. Upon researching this EP, i found out that the two bands are actually covering each others songs, which i think is totally cool. As I have never listened to much of the noise-core band Coalesce, I don't know what "Burning Bridges" (previously released as "Harvest of Maturity on a previous Coalesce release) really sounds like, but an extremely close listen to Coalesce's side "I'm Giving Up On This One" reveals it's actually "Second Place" from TGUK's "Five Minute Mile". Both sides of this EP really display both bands pure talent and provide two extremely enjoyable songs for your listening pleasure.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I own this on vinyl. It's yum.