Monday, October 27, 2008

Samiam - Whatever's Got You Down



Track Listing:
1. When We're Together
2. Take Care
3. Get It Right
4. Do You Want To Be Loved
5. Storm Clouds
6. Anything
7. Come Home
8. Lullababy
9. Believer
10. Holiday Parade
11. Bide My Time
12. Bonus Track (Hidden)
DOWNLOAD:http://www.mediafire.com/?dizw4zg5m2m

So I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday... That explains the emo streak yesterday and today, but this album fucking rocks as much as it is emotional. Samiam's "Whatever Gets You Down" sounds like Jawbreaker's Bivouac after it drank a Redbull. Raspy vocals and mid tempo jams take care of the last comparison, but this record is just more catchy. The Irresistible chorus of "Do You Want To Be Loved" sold this album to me at first. After that i was reeled in by the less poppy, "emo-est" tune, "Come Home" which are some of the best lyrics I've heard in a while. Recently (yesterday) I listened to this album as a whole for the first time in a while and discovered the gem "Holiday Parade". "Holiday" rivals "Come Home" in amazing, heart-felt lyrics that make me a little misty every time. Unfortunately not every track on "Whatever's Got You Down" can impact me such as the three tracks i previously discussed, as the track "Storm Clouds" is a throw-away while "Lullababy" and "Take Care" lag. Overall, this record kicks ass. The end.

2 comments:

Brandon Lutmer said...

Bad Day is my favorite Samiam song. I think it's on Astray... I'm not sure I've ever heard this record

midwest_marcus said...

Yeah, this is the only one i have, i guess its a reunion one that came out in 06, its pretty solid though